Sunday, March 28, 2010

Walking On Water

....."So Peter went out of the boat, and walked on the water towards Jesus. But when he looked around at the high waves, he was terrified and began to sink. "Save me Lord!" he shouted. Instantly, Jesus reached out his hand and grabbed him....... Matthew 14:29-31(SLAB)


I long to have just the faith to step off the boat!  Peter did that, but then his faith was shaken. I want to "walk on water", but my faith is not strong enough sometimes to keep me from sinking. My head is just above water and I am treading with all my might, just to stay afloat!  God knows my desire is to be more like him everyday, but we live in a wicked world. It is hard for me sometimes to be completely "Christ-like".  Why? Because I am a sinner.....even saved by GRACE, while on this earth, we will be tormented by Satan. There are no perfect people. But, isn't it absolutely wonderful to know that GOD loves us just as we are!!!

I believe this is........... God's greatest commandment:
1 John 4:7 (NIV)

 "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God."

If we want to "walk on water" we must have faith.........and my faith comes from loving God and others. Through Christ, I really have found a true love and acceptance of myself and others. I can honestly say, even when I am not treated kindly, I still have love for others. This is not of ROBYN, nope! Only God could give me a sense of true love for others.....even those who oppose me.


But there is a second part to this verse that stands out to me... "Instantly, Jesus reached out his hand and grabbed him..." Christ did not hesitate to come to his rescue! He will not hesitate to rescue me either.

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name." Psalms 91:14

I thought of this verse too.....

Acts 2:21  "But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

What a sweet comfort to know that God's hand will always be there ready and waiting to take a hold of mine any time! I just have to call and He will rescue me!


Prayer for today:
Lord, Thank you for rescuing me today, tomorrow, and for the days to come when I call on your name! Help me have faith to trust in your love. Give me the strength to step off the boat and come to you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment