Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Prayer is Powerful

I have seen the power of prayer in my own life numerous times. I believe in prayer. I believe in God's power. I trust that if I offer up my heartfelt desires, that God will, in His ultimate power, work for me what is good.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."Romans 8:28

But how's my faith when God doesn't answer my prayers right away, or even give me the answer I wanted. Who am I to question God? I find that I do question God about HIS answers. For example, we wanted a family. But, for years I was unable to become pregnant. My heart was broken, my faith rocked, but GOD was faithful. Five years later, we were blessed with our son. But during the "storm" of infertity" I didn't think God heard my prayers, or even cared that I was hurting. I was so consumed with my own desires. I had lost hope. How quickly my faith returned when our son arrived. I am embarrassed about how shallow my faith had been at that time.

I know the pain of wanting a child and not having one. I cried so many nights. I understand the hopelessness you feel. There is nothing more hurtful than to long for a child, and be unable to have one. (Especially when all your friends are getting pregnant) Isn't that why God created us? I use to wonder "WHY???" Was I unworthy of being a mom? Was I not worthy of a blessing? Was there things in my life that caused me to be so cursed? Satan can get inside my head and do a number on me! I have been reading, Battlefield of the Mind,by Joyce Meyers. GREAT book! Talks about how Satan gets us to question our own thoughts, therefore controling our actions.

Regardless of the tears, the begging, and the lost hope, God was faithful. He has answered those prayers and so many more! I did not understand why it took so long for our son to come to us. Why God waited for those prayers to be answered, but I know this......... In my life at this very moment, my son is at the perfect age.

So as a reminder to myself, I have to remember to praise GOD for his answered prayers and the unanswered ones I still offer up. I know now that prayer is a very powerful thing. I have a very strong personal prayer life. I talk to my Heavenly Father, all hours of the day and night. I trust that in HIS time, and according HIS will, that HE will work out what is GOOD FOR ME. :) AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment