Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Music to my ears!

I love to listen to the radio in my car, especially when I am by myself. I'm sure I have been pure entertainment for other motorist. I sing to the top of my lungs, tap my fingers on the steering wheel, and rock in my seat to the beat!

Psalm 33:1
"Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him."


I must confess, I love all kinds of music! I am an American Idol fan (there I said it). But my favorite music is Christian Praise! Michael W Smith, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, and so many more.

As I was driving to work this morning I was singing and started reflect on PRAISE. When we pray for things, wants, desires, requests, we must remember that GOD already knows these things.

Romans 8:27
"And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will."


How much time do I spend in just PRAISE and thanksgiving? How often do I express my gratitude for all the blessings God has given me daily? You know the ones we all take for granted. Health, beauty in nature, friends, family, jobs.... I could go on, but WE ARE ALL VERY VERY BLESSED! Just living in America is a blessing.

When I get down or stressed, I listen to SONGS of PRAISE and my spirit lifts! You know, I am blessed to have ears to hear music, a car that has a radio (and gas) and places to go to and from just so I can be in PRAISE with my Lord!

I bet PRAISE, whether spoken, thought or sung, is music to God's ears! :)

Here are just a few verses that speak of praise and song:

Psalms 101:1 "I will sing of your love and justice, Lord.I will praise you with songs."

Psalms 63:5 "You satisfy me more than the richest feast.I will praise you with songs of joy."

Exodus 15:2 "The Lord is my strength and my song;he has given me victory.This is my God, and I will praise him—my father’s God, and I will exalt him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment