Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hope

Proverbs 10:28 "The hopes of the godly result in happiness,but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing."

My son got a dog this past year and named her Hope. He said, "Mom, we all need Hope!" I told him if we ever lost her it would be sad..... "We'd lose Hope." How ironic that one day, Hope was lost. We had gone out of town and my neighbor was puppy sitting. Hope just disappeared. They were frantic. She rallied the whole neighborhood to look for her. After giving up hope of finding her, my neighbor went inside and heard a small wimper. Hope had fallen asleep under her couch. She was so releaved. We still laugh about the day Hope was lost.

I can't imagine losing "real" hope. I have hope because of my faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Even when things have really felt hopeless, God gives me strength to pull through and engulfs me with His love. Isn't it great to know that we have HOPE! Even through the storms of life, hope abounds. I can not imagine what my life would be like if I did not have the hope of a comforter, and a promise of a life eternal. One day we will be lifted up to Glory. Just knowing that I will have no sorrow, no pain, no disappointments to face, gives me hope.

Psalms 71:5 "O Lord, you alone are my hope.I’ve trusted you, O Lord, from childhood."

No comments:

Post a Comment