Monday, March 15, 2010

Unfailing Love

"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me"? Psalms 13:2

Boy have a been in that place before. Satan wants to rob me of joy. He wants to invade my thoughts. He wants to take my peace. But hold on! God's word says: Philippians 4:6-8 (New Living Translation)

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.


So, I don't have to dwell in my thoughts, or sorrow in my heart? WOW, I can pray about EVERYTHING! I can tell God what I need! He hears my prayers and in reality (he already knows what I need), but by praying I am reconciling myself to my maker. I am showing my dependence on Him. Oh, and I do need HIM! God knows my heart. He knows my desires. And, he LOVES me more than I can comprehend! He deserves my praise for His mercy and grace!

The verse from Psalms 13 goes on the say in v."...5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment