Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Transformed

Romans 12:2 "Don't copy the behaviors and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." NLT

Transformed means that I am becoming the person, I have potential to be, in God's perfect plan for my life. I want to be transformed into the person God created me to be. I can't do this if I stay the same. Does this mean I don't like myself? No, it means that I am seeking God for his purpose to be brought into clear focus for my life. Why was I created? I believe that we are all created for a purpose in life. Whether you fulfill it or not is up to you. I could be content with life as it is, but I will never fulfill my purpose in life if I do not seek God's perfect will for me. God has a plan and a purpose for my life. He has a plan and a purpose for us all.

I can choose to make a positive difference in the lives of those I come in contact with, or I can choose to make NO difference. My desire is to make a positive difference in people's lives. But, I can not do this if it is not in God's will for this to be my purpose. Therefore, I pray for God to reveal HIS purpose for my life. What I want, and what God's desire for my life to become, may be two complete different things. This is why I pray for HIS will to be done in me and through me. For me to be able to fulfill my purpose on this earth. How sad it would be for me to get to GLORY and God have had another plan for my life all along. And I did not even see the potiental of HIS purpose, because I was doing things MY way. I pray so that God will reveal things to me. I pray because I want to transform (change) into the person God intends me to be. I pray and seek Him because I can not KNOW His will for my life if I DO NOT ask Him what it is!!!

2 Corn. 3:18 "And we, who with unveiled faces, all reflect the Lord's glory,are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." In other words, what we project on the outside, is a direct reflection of our inside, as the Holy Spirit TRANSFORMS us into the likeness of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment