Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Meaning of LOVE

One of the best day I can remember was the day my son was born. The joy of finally seeing him and holding him was almost too much! My heart was filled with LOVE. I have been blessed to have been able to spend 17 years with the most precious gift God could have ever given me. Oh, parenthood has definately had its ups and downs, but there has never been I day I have not LOVED my son.

On my way to work, I began thanking God for the years I have had as a mother. What a gift God has bestowed on me. I am a school teacher, and I love children, but there is nothing that compares with the love a mother feels for her own child. I remember thinking of how much God must love us if he created us. How much he loves ME.

It is comforting to know that God's love is forever. His love never leaves us. He says, 1 Coronicles 16:34 "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Just like I am here for my son, my heavenly father is here for me. As my son becomes older, I find that I have had to give him wings to fly. Short trips at first, but I have to trust him to make good decisions based on the values I have instealed in him throughout the years. If we are to grow and mature as Christians, we must first know what our heavenly father teaches us. We learn this by being in his word, in his house, surrounding ourselves with Godly people, and by praying and hearing God speak to our hearts. But rest assured, God will give us wings too! He wants us to go forth and do His will. As we make good choices in our lives, He must feel a since of joy. Just like I did this morning, when I reflected upon the fine young Godly man my son is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment