Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm not 18 anymore...

Ever have those days when every bone and muscle ache, and you have a migraine??? Well, honey, welcome to my Sunday. I have aches and pains from time to time. Currently I have a torn tendon in my foot that I have been hobbling on for 2 months now. I teach, so needless to say, colds are a common occurance. But why is it that on Sunday mornings, it seems that all the aches are so much more exaggerated?

Could the Evil One be attacking my body? Well, He attacks my thoughts, my desires, my emotions, so why not my body? I was up at 4:00 and after a pot of caffeine, my head began to ease. After prayer with my Father, my spirit began to lift. I love being in the fellowship of other believers.

Let me share a secret.... we are ALL sinners. Yep, those pew warmers, the Sunday School teachers, and even the church staff. Someone once said that they did not go to church because it is full of hypocrites, well... duh... Aren't we all sinners? I am! I go to church to be with my Lord. I go to church to grow closer to my Heavenly Father. I go to church to be lifted up from the encouraging music and message. I want to be in fellowship with my LORD and he says in HIS WORD...1 John 1:6-8 "If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."

Well, as the sun came up this Sunday, and my headache was easing, I was thankful for "the Light" that is Christ! I am thankful for the many friends I have made through my church. We are not a perfect body of Christ. But, there has never come a time when I have asked for prayer or needed encouragement, that my pew warming friends have not been there. If we expect perfection within at church and we are looking at it's people and not Jesus, who is the only perfect one, then we are in church worshiping the wrong person. I can't wait to get in "my pew" (you know we all have that seat reserved) and worship the ONE TRUE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment