Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Endure: Part One

en⋅dure  –verb 1. to hold out against; sustain without impairment or yielding; undergo: 2. to bear without resistance or with patience; tolerate: 3. to admit of; allow; bear: 4. to continue to exist; last: 5. to support adverse force or influence of any kind; suffer without yielding; suffer patiently: 6. to have or gain continued or lasting acknowledgment or recognition, as of worth, merit or greatness:

Def. 1. to hold out against; sustain without impairment or yielding; undergo

Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 1 Peter 5:9

Who am I to resist? Satan. How am I to resist him? By standing firm in faith. Sounds easy, but in this wicked world, that is easier said than done. "Resisting Satan" has always been somewhat of a literal statement to me. I know how to resist him, but recognizing when Satan is actually attacking me, well... let's just say, I am very very gullible.

I know all the Commandments by heart. I know which ones I have broken. I know which ones God has forgiven me for breaking, and I know which ones I struggle to keep even today. Satan knows those I struggle with as well. He watches me for signs of weaknessess. He is ready to pounce at any time. Yet, I fail time and time to comprehenend Satan's fixation on me. I must be a great treasure to God for Satan to constantly bombard me with attacks. God must have great things in store for me to do for Him on this earth because Satan will NOT leave me alone. He is always creeping into my thoughts, my desires, my actions, and my reactions. But God's word says..."The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure." 1 Corn. 10:13

My son sent that message to me by text about a year ago. Wow, my 17 yr.old child allowed himself to be a vessel, to share with his mom, God's truth just when I needed to hear it. What an inspiration. What a testimony. I read it every single day because I posted it on my bathroom mirror as a reminder. And I thank God for it's message and the messenger everytime I read it.

.....He will show you a way out so that you can endure (to hold out against; sustain without impairment or yielding; undergo) the attacks from Satan. How?... by standing firm in faith. From the "texts" of babes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment