Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's touching me.......UGH

Today my hair won't cooperate. My clothes feel tight. My seatbelt was even binding me on my way to work, and I have fidgeted all day with myself. Somedays I just can't seem to get things going in the right direction. It is like I need to crawl back in bed and try again. Ever have those? Am I alone here? I remember as a child I would not wear a tutleneck. It drove my mother crazy!!! We laugh now.... but we fought then. I felt restricted and bound. It was like I could not breathe. I would tug at that turtleneck until it became a cowl neck!!! I was flustrated, my mom was flustrated and all over what? Looks? Appearances?

You know, I really do not care about what I look like on the outside as much as I care about what my insides look like. Those who know me would agree with this statement. I am not vain in any sense of the word. Now, I like to wear makeup and dress nice, but it is not for others to gaulk at, but because I want to feel pretty for myself. And most days, my idea of pretty is a pair of jogging pants, a t-shirt, and flip flops! AMEN??? I think that there is nothing wrong with putting on makeup and fixing your hair and doing your nails, but if my personality (my inside) is unloving, unforgiving, jealous, and unkind, then all the fixing up won't change the truth about me as a person. So, I need to worry less today with my cumbersome clothes and just smile and enjoy the sunshine, friendships, and love around me, and celebrate my heart. Proverbs 15:13 " A happy heart makes the face cheerful...."

No comments:

Post a Comment