Thursday, February 4, 2010

This is gonna hurt just a little bit...

No pain, no gain... that is what the world says about life. Well, when I began to look at making changes within myself, I realized.... this may be a little painful.
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.
I needed to look inward and reflect on my own actions, choices and thoughts. It is easy to blame others for inflicting pain. It is easy to believe our thoughts and behaviors are pure and justified, but is that really the case? Are we to take on our own self-righteousness and throw it out there like we are all pure and without sin? Have I not inflicted pain in the lives of others? The answer came to me when I began really seeking God to reveal to me my own faults. Oh man, that was a prayer I really did not want to pray. Reveal myself to me... I thank God for my Christian parents. They hold ME accountable! They do not see perfection in me, but potential! WOW!!! I want my parents to be REAL. And boy are they!!! My parents never let me wallow in self-pity or self-righteousness. That is LOVE! They love me for who I am, but they guide and direct me to be REAL with myself, others and God. My parents truly LOVE others because they see their own faults and shortcomings and yet they see potential in others. They love because they see others through God's eyes. They love me enough to point out areas in my life that need some attention. They ask me to "dig a little deeper" into myself.

As I have allowed God to work in changing me into the wife, mother and woman He has created me to be, it has not been without deep pain and regret. But God is patient with me and THANK GOD so is my family! I am far from perfect. But I can ask God to "perfect" me. Psalms 51:10 "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment