Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Seasons

In nature there are seasons. In life we experience seasons. God says in Ecclesiastes 3:1 " For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven." NLT My life has had its share of seasons. I have had times of pure joy. Highs so high that I thought I could never feel sadness or loneliness or pain again. I was so close to the Lord, I thought I would never see turmoil in my life ever again. Wrong. What was I thinking?

First and foremost, I AM A SINNER. I was born a sinner. I will die a sinner. I am saved by the blood of Christ, therefore I AM FORGIVEN. In God's perfect love, he sees the good in me. He sees me as I see my own child. Full of potiental, hope and perfection. I think my son is the best kid in the world. To me, he could never do anything that would make me not love him. That love I feel for my own child is nothing compared to the love Christ has for us. We may depart from him, but he will never leave us. Joshua 1:5 NIV.... "for I will never leave you nor forsake you...."
Satan is the greatest deceiver of all ! He knows my weaknesses, my faults, my desires, my temptations. He will do whatever he can to attack me.............and especially when I am in a funk already. I have days of funk. Sometimes weeks of it. If I am not in God's word DAILY.... and I mean it takes me getting in there EVERY SINGLE DAY! I will find Satan lurking, waiting to pounce. It takes me about the 3rd day after an attack for me to realize..... oh, that was SATAN. I still worry, have times of insecurity, and self-loathing, but God is present and accounted for when I spend time with him in prayer and in His word. He has a plan for my life. This is just a season in my life. And right now, it feels like Spring! :)

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "Jer. 29:11 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment