Monday, April 5, 2010

Stop Beating Yourself Up!

A child in my class did something minuscule the other day. It was no big thing, dropped a pencil, lost his paper, whatever it was I don't even remember, but I do remember this. This child said to himself, "I am so stupid!" To this I was appalled and said to him, "DO NOT EVER TALK TO YOURSELF LIKE THAT AGAIN!"

You know why I was so enraged that a CHILD would say to themselves, "I am so stupid," because I have been there and done that myself! Ooh..... makes my skin boil even now. I talked down to myself for years. I am determined not to let another generation pass by my way with a mindset that would ever allow ANYONE child or adult to feel less than perfect!


Not two days later, a friend of mine got herself into a situation that left her wounded and broken. She shared with me how worthless, unloved and stupid she about herself.

Yesterday was Easter Sunday. Christ is alive. Jesus died on the cross for us: stupid, unloved, sinners, hateful, lustful, deceitful, and despicable human beings HE CREATED. Can't we give ourselves a break. Satan wants us to feel defeated, stupid, but not Christ. He loves us! He made us!

 Luke 12:7 (NIV)   " Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."



If Christ took it ON THE CROSS, can't we just take it TO THE CROSS!


1 Timothy 1:15 "................Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners..........." (NASB)

Luke 19:10    "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."  (KJV)

STOP beating up yourself!  Love yourself for the unique and perfect creation you are! God does! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment