Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Living out Love

I often ask myself.........   Am I loving enough? Am I loving the way Christ wants me to love? Am I loving to myself? I admit, I tend to over think. Oh, who am I kidding.............. I ANALYSE things to DEATH!

If everything in the WORD revolves around LOVE, then it is something we need to really think about and seek to understand.

GOD's LOVE is expressed this way..........

Psalm 36:5  Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.

How can I, a sinner saved by HIS mercy and grace, have that kind of love of others?
But What About ME????? 
 Isn't that what really keeps me from loving like the Father? Selfishness.... Self-centered attitudes

Here is God's command to us.

John 13:34

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
That's it........... Love.
 
I can truly say, God has shown me love.......... good times and bad. I know that true love only comes through Him. He is the answer to growth and change. And we all need to CHANGE into the NEW person Christ wants us to be.
 
Ephesians 4:21-23 (New International Version)
"21.Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23. to be made new in the attitude of your minds."

It begins with a new mindset........ making a decision not to believe the lies that Satan wants us to believe. Satan is YOUR ENEMY,  CHRIST is YOUR SAVIOR. When I made up my mind that I was not going to listen to the JUNK Satan was saying to my mind, my spirit, my inner child, I was only going to believe what was TRUTH in God's word, Everything became CLEAR to me! I was released from the prison of misery, unhappiness and fear. I became FREE!

God is blessing my life daily. I see it everywhere around me and I feel it in my soul. I just have to keep my focus on HIM. Oh yeah, I'm a JESUS FREAK! and very boldly proud of it! Because HE drew me to HIM!

John 6:44 (New International Version)     "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day."

GOD selected me. Now, that is LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment