Sunday, August 29, 2010

What Kind of Shepherd are You?

"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost. Matthew 18:12- 14

This was the scripture that my pastor spoke on today.  It touched me in a very deep way. He pointed out that if we are to be caring, loving, Christ-like Christians, and know that one of our brothers or sister has gone astray, do we really CARE enough to go find them?


My prayer is that GOD speaks to the hearts of my church and opens the eyes of us sitting there Sunday after Sunday thinking about how great we are for "showing up" when we know there are empty seats where our fellow believers once sat.

What have I done to reach out? Do I really care enough about the life of another to "get involved" and love them back into our arms.  Christ would.  Yet, we do nothing. We are passive. We are satisfied with our own salvation. I wonder what God would say to us when we stand at the Pearly Gate. Will He say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant" or "Why did you leave your brother behind?

Is it just okay that you are saved? Is that what being a Christian is all about? Or is it about telling others of God's love!
Even in our failures. Even in our sorrow. Even in our sin.
God's love is every lasting.

Romans 8:38 (New International Version)



 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[b] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What Kind of shepherd are you?

2 comments:

  1. Robyn,
    You hit the nail on the head with this post. How valuable are the lost, what are we willing to risk or give up for just one to come to the fold? Some say it is not about the numbers, I say it "IS" about the numbers if you are among the number of lost. More of us followers need to think like this. God Bless
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another point he made was that we need to ask ourselves..... am I that lost sheep.... have I wandered from the flock?

    It was a great sermon.

    Thanks Jim!

    ReplyDelete