Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Beginnings

I just love new beginnings! Each year when school starts to roll around again, I get so excited. I love seeing my colleagues/friends and students (past and present). It is rejuvenating to my very soul!

I am so blessed that I love my job. Because for me, it is not a job, but a calling. I recall the very moment I heard God's clear voice telling me to teach. The voice was perfectly clear. I knew it not only in my head that teaching was my "calling", but in the very pit of my being.
What is more amazing is that God answered my prayer in directing me to what my purpose was to be in service to him. I was miserable in the job I had before, and I longed to have peace. I took off a day to pray and meditate, just spending time with my heavenly Father. I prayed and prayed and prayed and finally, God spoke to me and said, "Be Quiet!"  okay.... I can take a hint.... I just listened.......anxiously........waiting.....

And it happened! God spoke...."I want you to teach!"

I knew immediately  that it was the Lord's guidance. So... I took a huge leap of faith. I quit my job, went back to school, and followed HIM throughout the journey.

The blessings throughout this journey have been phenomenal! Too many to even begin to name, but BLESSED to be sure!

There have been times I have longed to hear that voice SO CLEARLY again in my life, directing my path again..... because I know that when I follow my Saviour's plan for me....

BLESSINGS will ABOUND!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Maybe, I just need to "BE QUIET!" for a little while longer............

1 comment:

  1. Hey Robin,

    Great post! How much we would learn if we would spend time in His Presence. I love the following verse...
    "Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I am God. I rule the nations. I rule the earth.
    Psalm 46:10 (God's Word Translation)
    May He rule in our hearts!

    Blessings & grace to you,
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete