Thursday, May 13, 2010

I found the answer!!!

Never give up! I refuse to give up my power (through Christ) my love (through Christ) and my mind (through Christ)!!!


" For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. "2 Timothy 1:7 (New King James Version)


I have had this verse on my heart for weeks, and even noted it a few weeks ago. Beth Moore has spoken and written about it. Joyce Meyers has preached on it. This verse was IN MY FACE for months. Ya think God had something to do with it? I DO! But did I see the miracle of God's blessing that was placed there for me for months.......   NO!  I would pray, "Oh Lord, speak to me..." and then I wait........ and whine........ and doubt......... and become fearful.....

I truly believe Satan attacks us where we are trying to get better in our lives, because he does not want us to overcome any adversity within us....... He wants to oppress us and keep us living in fear. Focusing only on ourselves and our circumstances.

But............ You see God had placed 2 Timothy 1:7 in my path and HE had hidden those words in my heart, so that when the RIGHT time came for me to truly KNOW the truth behind the words.... Those words were there!!! Glory, Glory!!!

First I had to realize I was being attacked! Next, I had to begin to earnestly seek God through prayer, meditating on His Word, and faith. Was God putting my faith into practice? Was this to GROW me closer to HIM so that when I actually "PUT IT ALL TOGETHER" I would know where my PEACE came from............. Not from me!!! But from HIM!
 
"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand." Proverbs 19:21 (Amplified Bible)

Wow, amazing isn't it! The light bulb went off in my head and I said to myself......... Well Robyn, God had already given you the POWER you needed. The power to love, and be of sound-mind. And Satan tried to defeat this in you, But PRAISE GOD, that HIS WORDS WERE PLACED IN YOUR PATH (by God) so that when you needed them (at the exact moment God wanted to reveal them to you) They were right there! and there was no denying that they came FROM GOD! A gift to you.

I have the power to rebuke and defeat Satan because Christ works through me. I AM POWERFUL because I am HIS child.

"May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. "Ephesians 3:19 (NLT)

Because of Christ's LOVE, I have the same POWER within me.
I already know Satan's fate (it ain't good)!  HE will NOT defeat me. I claim this in the name of Jesus Christ!
I speak 2 Timothy 1:7 aloud to myself:  "Robyn, God has not given you a spirit of fear, no little girl, HE has given you power, love and a sound mind. Thank you, Lord God for that truth and your blessing."

I also know that many of you have been praying for me, and KNOW THIS, those prayers are so felt. It takes believers edifying and encouraging and praying for each other to really make a difference. KNOW that you have helped make a difference in my life and I thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Robyn,
    Great post,"He wants to oppress us and keep us living in fear. Focusing only on ourselves and our circumstances". This has had new meaning for me this past week. When we do His work, we become a bigger target to "the dirtbag from below". He targets us through our family, our friends, our insecurities, and he uses fear and worry as his weapons. Prayer and faith are the weapons that send him packing with his tail between his legs. I am glad the Spirit put this on your heart, it spoke to me. God Bless
    Jim

    ReplyDelete