Monday, May 10, 2010

God's Power in Us

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control."    2 Timothy 1:7(AMP) 

My last post sounded so grim. Being gripped with fear will do that to you. It will suck the life right out of you..... it did me.

Getting past a place of fear seems to be a life long journey for me. I will forever be battling something, we all do if you are living and breathing on this earth. So for the last few days I have been silent before God. I needed to clear my mind. I needed to just be still.
I have driven around in my car without listening to music (I listen to K-LOV). I have not read one book. I have given up in my "doing" and have just been waiting patiently on the Lord. Silently waiting.

I know God's Word says that when we don't know what to pray,  that the Holy Spirit interceeds on our behave.

Romans 8:26 (AMP)  "So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance."

So I am trusting that the Holy Spirit knows my desires and exactly what God's will is for my life and therefore is pleading to my Heavenly Father on my behalf. I am just beginning to really ........"get it."

Be still and know.............. I am God. Psalms 46:10





No comments:

Post a Comment