Friday, November 11, 2011

Tales from the Dark Side

I am dealing with an emotion I have been having lately.....
 

Anger has always been something I don't claimed rights too;  fearing it would reveal it's ugliest parts within me and devour my very soul.

Anger makes me lash out, makes me cruel, makes me UGLY.

I am usually a very "in control" person and anger takes CONTROL of me. I don't like not being in control of my own emotions and reactions....

I give away my power............ and in the RAGE.... I become weak.

ANGER runs the gamut of emotions, but the outcome of it's venom is spewed upon others who happen to fall prey, or slip past unknowing, ..................the innocent get the worst of it.

It is like a side of me that I never knew existed emerges from some deep crevasse.....

Where did this ANGER come from?

FROM AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION:
Anger is an emotion characterized by antagonism toward someone or something you feel has deliberately done you wrong.
Anger can be a good thing. It can give you a way to express negative feelings, for example, or motivate you to find solutions to problems.
But excessive anger can cause problems. Increased blood pressure and other physical changes associated with anger make it difficult to think straight and harm your physical and mental health.

I know, even God was an ANGRY God at times.... but I ain't no GOD! Guess, I need to do some relaxation, anger management type techniques and forgive myself for being less than perfect.

Here are some tips for dealing with ANGER I found:
  • deep breathing
  • visualizing
  • change of scenery
  • humor
  • become a better communicator
  • work on problem solving techniques
For now, I'm going to breathe and relax and laugh and communicate with my family better this weekend.

Gotta start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment