Saturday, December 31, 2011

STRENGTH

Phil. 4:13 " I can do everything through him that gives me STRENGTH"
As 2011 comes to an end, I began thinking about a New Year's resolution.
I didn't want the norm... Lose weight, save money, exercise more.....
I wanted a challenge to myself that had meaning behind it. One that would help me grow as a person, and inevitably benefit those around me.
I'm a cheesy kind of girl. Not a romantic, perhaps more a softy would be a better word. I love to create memories. The older I become, the more good memories mean to me. So a friend suggested that I pick a word. One word that would be the driving force, the reminder of good things, good times, good memories.
As I began thinking about my word, this scripture continued to come to me... Phil. 4:13.  And one word stood out...
STRENGTH.
When I think of strength, I think of sturdy, strong, support, and all these are things I need in my life, but they are also things I need to be to others.
So, my challenge to myself for 2012 is this..... Strength.
Whatever that means to me at any given time, It always reminds me of the one who gives it.... Christ.
Maybe He is leading me on this journey for a reason. I'm not one to believe in chance.
In the course of this new year, I'm looking forward to understanding and reflecting on the reason this word, and this verse stood out. Life is a journey. Life can be hard. We all need strength...but mostly for me it's a constant reminder of the source.
I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me.
Let the new year begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment