Tuesday, December 7, 2010

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus....




Praise GOD! His GRACE is MERCIFUL to the SINNER .....

......(in all of us).

If I measured my faith, my love, my devotion, by human standards....well, I am sure I would fall very, very short or the mark.
But humanity is not the measuring stick.

Romans 2:6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done"
GOD is my MASTER.

See, I was once one of those... judgmental, holier than thou church-going Christians. I was looking real good ........to myself. I could spot the faults of others a mile away! Oh, and I loved to make them feel guilty for it as well. I would say, "I'll be praying for you." knowing full well that after I left the church service (and the eyes of those I was attempting to impress) I would no further pray or even think about the person I just saw. My mind was all about being SEEN as a perfect little Christian. When in fact, I was thinking about where we were going to eat lunch.

It wasn't until God took me to a place of   brokenness ........that God was able to reveal HIMSELF to me as He revealed MYSELF (mercifully) to me.

God has to show me the very core of who I am (human, sinful, imperfect)......so he could show me WHO HE IS (righteous, holy, perfect)!

It was at that moment, GOD gave me what I needed.......

Grace

Romans 5:18 "Well then, as one man's trespass [one man's false step and falling away led] to condemnation for all men, so one Man's act of righteousness [leads] to acquittal and right standing with God and life for all men."

Because of Adam there is SIN........ Because of CHRIST there is ATONEMENT!

IT IS BY FAITH WE ARE SAVED THROUGH GRACE....

I have heard that preached over and over and it did not mean to me THEN.................what is does NOW.

 "For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."ROMANS 5:10 


If you have read much of any thing I have blogged about then bless you for sharing in a journey with me of God's GRACE over the past year in my life. It has been an amazing ride. One that I can say.....has been very needed and has been worth it in the end.........because I have a closer relationship with Christ.

Let me share these verses I have been studying with you.....

"Not only so, but wec also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. 6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."




I am just beginning to get it now........ what Christ has done for me (for us all)...... Sinners saved by GRACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment