Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Nature of the Beast....

When an animal is cornered, it's natural response is to bite back. Sometimes, mine is too. I want to lash out when attacked. I want to scream............yell.............say unkind things............

The BEAST rears it's ugly head...............  and it's not a pretty sight.

I have really had to learn to control my reactions. I do fairly well with my actions, it is my "reactions" that I have to really watch.

How I respond is a reflection of my inner spirit. I want my spirit to reflect kindness, love, concern for others, care, self-control, patience, temperance, empathy, and so many more.  I want to look back at my "reactions" and not have any regrets.

This has only been possible for me since my renewed relationship with Christ. I am just so amazed at the way I have changed when dealing with unpleasant situations or even unpleasant people. 

All I know is that LOVE made the difference. When God entered my heart and really began filling me with his love, it pushed aside the hate, the bitterness, the resentment towards others.  Even when my first gut reaction was not kind, it just wouldn't come out! I use to be a great rant and raver. Now, I have a quiet heart.  I think before I act. I pray before I react.

I did not make this difference in my life because I wanted to be loving towards others, Christ did. Only through him was my transformation possible.


"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."Psalms 51:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment