Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thorns among the Roses...

You ever wanted your life to be a bed of roses?

2 Corinthians 12

EVER HAD A THORN?
A SITUATION- A PAIN- A PROBLEM- A TEMPTATION-
A NEED- A SICKNESS- A PERSON- A BURDEN

Life is not about walking among the ROSES............... but learning to appreciate their beauty, while dodging their thorns.

Carefully handled        Closely guarded          Gently held

because of the THORNS.

If God didn't allow pain in your life, would you be dependent on him? Would pride take over? Would our own value be so elevated that we wouldn't need anyone else...because we got it all.......on our own. We wouldn't need comfort. We wouldn't need direction. We wouldn't long for something better, easier, less hurtful.

Where would I be if I had such a sense of ENTITLEMENT- ELITISM? Would I need a Jesus? Would I need a S A V I O R ?

2 Corn. 12 7-10
7 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself! 8 Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Do I know that the thorn is there because God is teaching me to be dependent on HIM ALONE...his Grace. His Power. I can BEG for the thorn to be removed...............but the THORN keeps me closer to HIM. 

If we could see the end all, the "big picture", the PLAN.............. would I really want that thorn removed? If the END IS HEAVEN OR HELL, I think anything that keeps me leaning on Jesus.... is more of a blessing than a hindrance.

And perhaps, I should praise him for the thorns......






No comments:

Post a Comment