Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Uncomfortable?

My family dynamics have changed over the last year... Empty nest has a whole new meaning.

My son is away in college. My house is quiet. Our meals are simplier...cereal is an easy one to fix...

I've struggled this year... During this transition...

Lost in the unfamiliar.....

With lots of time on my hands to think about those changes...and to be honest.... I've not done as well as I wish I had...at this point.

Change.... I do not do it well.

But, I'm trying.

Trying to find my place....finding my purpose...my self.

Sometimes we hold onto the old because it is comfortable.....familiar....and secure...

But there will be times in our lives that we are forced to change direction......and in those times.....we experience growing pains.

I think we will all go through times of major life changes.

Births, deaths, kids leaving home, marriage stresses, personal battles..and such.

It's in these times we are pulled to and fro that in the midst of the caios we find who we are as an individual...what we stand for, who we depend on, who we really ARE.

I'm learning to be comfortable with my new life...my new role, my new purpose.

I know the plans I have for you..... Jeremiah 29:11.

So glad I have a Savior to lead me there....


No comments:

Post a Comment