Friday, July 9, 2010

Forgiving Others

Forgiveness............

Matthew 6:15 (New Living Translation)
 But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.


I struggle with forgiveness.....

When someone criticizes me, especially behind my back, it is hard not to feel angry, hurt, and unloved.


Webster Dictionary defines criticism as:
------------------------------------------------------------------
1 : to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly : evaluate

2 : to find fault with : point out the faults of
-------------------------------------
 
Thank God, he forgives me for being imperfect .......(human).  THEREFORE, He commands me to forgive those who offend me!

But.... I struggle............. with really forgiving them!

I know the damage that unforgiveness does to relationships.

Proverbs 17:9 (New Living Translation)
 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.


God will deal with those who offend me.  So, I will rest in that TRUTH.


but...


I am accountable for my own heart and soul..........so......... I do what God commands me to do..........(gulp)


FORGIVE.

Now..... I am working on forgiving with a cheerful heart.........  That one's gonna take some work.

1 comment:

  1. God never ceases to amaze me....

    Right after I published this post... I headed over to read some of the new post from my fellow bloggers I follow...

    Within minutes Tracie Miles' new post for today shows up on my sidebar!

    Here's the link:


    http://traciemiles.blogspot.com/2010/07/did-i-really-forgive.html

    Always look to GOD for where HE is leading you... makes life easier!

    ReplyDelete