Saturday, June 19, 2010

Walk Out.... Walk On...



My name is Gladwell Musau. I am a Kenyan, married to a Pole and a mother of a lovely four year old daughter. Five years ago, I left my native country, Kenya and headed to Poland for my wedding to a wonderful and God-fearing man. Before I left my country, I felt the Lord calling me into the writing ministry. While as a stay-home mum and wife, I began writing down a memoir which in His time I pray will be published and through it many will be encouraged. While I wait, I desire through this blog to reach out to you, the readers in the hope that in some way or another, you may get encouraged, inspired and motivated to trust and love the Lord with all your heart, mind and strength. For me, it is a journey, and I invite you to accompany me along the way. HEAVEN IS OUR DESTINY. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

This is a guest post from a gifted blogger. I asked permission to post this on my website. I hope it blesses you as it did me.
Here is the link:   Rainbow Gulf of Love

__________________________________________________________

Matthew 14:25-29 During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, WALKING ON the lake. When th disciples saw him WALKING ON the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them. “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” ‘Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, ‘tell me to come to you on the water.” ‘COME,” he said. Then Peter got DOWN OUT of the boat, WALKED ON the water and came towards Jesus.




WALK OUT…means: to leave suddenly without explanation, flounce out, get up and go, storm out; abandon; go on strike etc.



WALK ON...means: move forward, pace up; move your feet along on a solid base etc.



We might be all familiar with the story of Peter walking on the water. But…let us look again from a different perspective. Jesus has just appeared to his disciples in the middle of the night. And oh no…its not what you might want to hear. How I wish…it was in the middle of a good dream to reassure them that he is there for them. But no…it wasn’t. In fact, it was DARK; and yes, it was ALL WATER around; and what more; the WAVES were high and the WIND was against them. Talk about a grim scenario… and you have it right here.



Is Jesus aware of where you are at the moment? My friend…I bet He does!!!

Is Jesus aware of the dangers that surround you at every turn? My friend…I am persuaded He does!!!

Is Jesus indifferent to your journey of life? My friend…I ask you, please read again Matthew 14:25.

…Jesus went out to them….is self-explanatory. Jesus is coming out to you today!



But when he arrives be sure he will ask this of you and me. Just as he asked Peter, he will call you to WALK OUT…of your bruised life and wounded past. He will call you to WALK OUT of your bad habits, addictions and confusions. He will call you to WALK OUT and leave your fears, limitations and inadequacies behind. He will call you to WALK ON...towards him in spite of the storms and the turbulent waters beneath your feet. He will call you to WALK ON…towards him…despite your past failures, disappointments and under achievements. He will call you to WALK ON…towards him…in faith and stay fully focused on his ability to calm the storms and command the wind against you.


Jesus is saying to you and me today…get down OUT OF THE BOAT, and WALK ON the water and come to me! Why? Because:

His eyes….are FOREVER SEEING!

His ears …are FOREVER ATTENTIVE!

His hands…are FOREVER WIDE OPEN!

His heart…is FOREVER LOVING!

Dear beloved children….Come!WALK OUT….WALK ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment