Monday, September 19, 2011

Trash in, trash out

My mother always said to us growing up, "trash in, trash out."  I never paid much attention to those words as a child, but I never forgot then either.

Somewhere around my early twenties the things my mother said when I was growing up would creep back into my mind.

"Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Training a child in the world today may seem harder, but what about the children of Israel. The Bible is full of rebellion... Followers turning away from God.  Do our children today have more pressures on them because of the media, the cultural norms, the internet?

David himself was rebellious. Jonah ran from his task....even Moses questioned God's request.

Sin has been present ever since Adam and Eve. And sin will remain present even today.

But... Even though these great men of God failed, they also became great. Just as we can become great in our time. The call is still being preached.... Go out and tell the good news...

"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." Mark 16:15

It is my charge to tell the good news of Jesus. Share with others his saving grace and mercy... And teach his Holy Word.....

But, I need to begin at home.

5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 16:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment